Bowdy's quick thinking likely saved his brother's life.
The twins' parents caught the incident on home surveillance cameras and posted the video on Facebook Sunday to highlight the dangers of tipping dressers.
"I've been a little hesitant to post this. But I feel it's not only to bring awareness, but it is also incredible," wrote Ricky Shoff, the twins' dad.
"We are so grateful for the bond that these twin brothers share. We know Bowdy was not alone in moving the dresser off of Brock. And feel blessed that he is ok.
"Please make sure all your dressers are bolted and secured to the wall. Please share."
The boys' mom, Kayli Shoff, said she didn't hear the dresser tip over and found the two happily playing together when she came back to the room.
Over 25,400 children are injured every year by falling furniture, TVs, or appliances, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
IKEA issued a recall of one of its dressers last summer after three children were killed when the dressers toppled over.
Last month, the Swedish furniture company paid out $50 million to the late children's parents, The Daily Mail reported.
Meghan Amanto, the mother of a 3-year-old girl named Kimberly who was killed in 2004 when an IKEA dresser fell onto her in the middle of the night, told the Daily Mail that "it's a miracle that Brock survived and was not seriously injured."
After her daughter's death, Amanto set up a charity that sets out to raise awareness of how deadly the dressers can be. According to the CPSC, about every two weeks a child dies when furniture, a TV, or an appliance falls onto him or her.
"(Brock) was one of the lucky ones and that should in NO way give parents a false sense of security thinking a child can always survive a dresser tip-over," Amanto continued. "Although it was an amazing demonstration of twinship and resourceful brotherly love, it could have ended up being much more tragic, especially if that child had been alone.
Amanto also pointed out how important it is to have dressers anchored to walls, and how security cameras can often give parents "a false sense of security" about their child(ren)'s safety.